Celebrating NSVs (non-scale victories) at Time 2 Change
POSTED BY: Teresa Yockey on April 3, 2017, 7:22 a.m.
Ever seen the #NSV hashtag on social media or heard the “non-scale victory” term? NSVs acknowledge there is more to celebrate than just numbers on a scale — they’re for recognizing other benefits for getting fit and healthy.
I recently asked my members to tell me about the non-scale victories they’re experiencing at Time 2 Change Fitness for Women. I’d heard their feedback about pounds lost or body fat reduced, but I knew there was more to the story. And there was!
Here’s what they had to say about NSVs:
- “When you feel healthy, like I do from working out here, you just have more confidence and energy. I stand up straighter and feel like I’m more in control of my health and life. And I have far fewer health concerns, which gives me peace of mind.”
- “When I joined the gym almost 4 ½ years ago, my goal was to become strong. I wanted to be able to get up from a chair without a struggle. I wanted to have better balance and stand tall. And I’m happy to say I can do these things now.”
- “I feel tighter all over — and I hope I can share this!) — my butt is higher. People have told me I’ve lost weight, but what they don’t realize is that I’m also firmer and fit much better in my clothes.”
- “My NSV is strength and overall better health. A bone scan last fall said bones of a 38-year-old, and I’m nearly twice that age.”
- “I’ve been able to reduce my dependency on medicine, much to my doctor’s delight — and I’m glad to not be spending so much at the pharmacy.”
A big thanks to my members who shared their NSVs. Seems only fair that I would share my NSVs, too: By eating healthy the majority of the time and working out on a regular basis, I have more energy, normal blood pressure and am in overall excellent health.
Interested in hearing from some of my other members? Read the Time 2 Change Fitness member testimonials.