Justin Cantwell, trainer
Justin Cantwell is a certified (ACE/ISSA/SemperFit) personal trainer, as well as a YMCA certified group exercise instructor. He has his undergrad degree in exercise science and is a certified CPR/AED/First Aid instructor through the American Red Cross.
Prior to working at Time 2 Change Fitness for Women in Lee’s Summit, he was the Health and Wellness Director and personal trainer at the YMCA. Previous to that, he was an assistant manager at Gold’s Gym. He is also a Marine Corps Veteran.
Justin is married with three children (one boy and two girls). A few of his achievements include:
- Armwrestling Nationals winner (2017)
- Featured athlete on CMT’s Broken Skull Challenge (2016)
- National Champion in Strongman (2011)
- Lightweight National Champion Highlander Games (2009)
- National Champion in powerlifting (2003, 2002, 1999)
- World Champion strict curler (2002)
His passion is nutrition and fitness and helping others reach their goals. His training philosophy is this: Keep it simple, work hard and follow a healthy nutritional plan, which is the best way to reach your goals and sustain them!
Writing down my workout keeps me motivated and on track — or making it public knowledge to others in some form. It all boils down to accountability — from my friends or my training partners or coaches and always myself. ♦ Justin Cantwell
You can learn more about Justin in these blog posts:
– 12 Days of (staying healthy during) Christmas
– Time 2 Change trainers’ advice for managing holiday temptations
– Justin’s eight great tips to food journaling success
– Trainer Profile: Justin Cantwell
> Meet owner Teresa
> Meet trainer Jenn
> Meet trainer Levi
> Meet trainer Jose’